Saturday, April 7, 2007

Easter Sunday



Today we celebrate the Lord's Resurrection. I went to Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Church in Randwick for the 10:00am Mass. As you might expect it was a full church. I saw many of the folks that I have been seeing each time I go there, plus a lot more. The church was beautifully decorated and the celebration was festive. The Parish Priest (PP) whom we would call the "Pastor", Fr John Rate presided and preached. He is quite a great guy with a wonderfully welcoming style. I was happy that we chose to stay close to home. The church was beautifully decorated and the traditional style church building was filled with flowers and banners. Particularly interesting was their use of long flowing streamers which extended from the choir loft to the pillars in the nave. As you can see from the picture on the right, they were made of a light see-through material. We welcomed two little babies into the Church and sang with gusto that our Savior is Risen! I couldn't help but miss all the folks who are part of my life on this special day. It was nice, but it wasn't like being home.

No comments: