Thursday, February 22, 2007

The A-V Plan of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Church

Today I had the chance to meet with two staff members of the local parish here in Randwick. Brett and Tristan are responsible for putting a plan together for the use of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Parish. I first heard about this plan when I went to mass at OLSH in January. It is ambitious and creative and aims at helping the parishioners be drawn more into the liturgy by the use of plasma screens in the side aisles and a large clear glass panel over the altar. This transparent glass becomes opaque when needed so as to allow images to be projected on to it. The idea here is to use the “iGlass” in the center of the church where it is virtually invisible until needed, thus preserving the architectural lines of this 100 year old gothic style church. It was a great meeting and I learned a lot from them. I was very proud of our accomplishments at Assumption and excitedly showed them our website and webcam set up. They watched in amazement as Fr. William finished the 5:00pm Ash Wednesday Mass approximately 9783 miles or 15744 kilometers away! They were also very happy to see our website and decided to take it to their IT team for review since they are in the process of designing their own web site. All very exciting – and the reason why I came!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you take a picture of the "i-glass". I'm curious as to how much something like that would cost....
CMB