Wednesday, February 28, 2007

LIFETEEN in Australia

On Wednesday I met with the Youth Minister of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart in Randwick. I had met him the week before when we talked about their parish A-V program. In the course of the conversation then, I mentioned that we web cast all our Masses and have especially good feedback from our Sunday 6pm LIFETEEN Mass. He was very interested in our program and asked me to tell him more at another time. That meeting happened yesterday.

I answered the usual questions about LIFETEEN and gave my typical affirmation of its value to our teen and our whole parish. But the thing that really caught the attention of this youth minister was when I said “We have found over the years that teens actually bring their parents to church!” and it is true. I usually watch our LIFETEEN Mass here on Monday morning at 10:00am Sydney time. Now several others from this parish and other people I have told about our web cast system are watching too. This is what my sabbatical is all about – making good use of the technologic al blessings of our time! My reading of recent Papal teachings on Evangelization all affirm the use of the media and technology of our culture to proclaim God’s love and mercy! So far so good!

There is one parish not too far away where they have LIFETEEN and I plan to check it out soon. I’ll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Rev. Raymond A. Tetreault said...

Hi Skip,
Glad to see your technological sense is working so well. Have you had any unusual dining experiences yet?
<{{{><