Saturday, February 17, 2007

Sunday in Sydney


I have been trying to experience different celebrations of the Eucharist on Sundays since I am on sabbatical. It’s a whole different perspective to be a PIP – that’s Person in the Pew. I’ve been to Mass in Mexico (lively, but not understandable to me because of my language deficiency), Tucson Cathedral, Randwick’s Sacred Heart Church and of late, St. Mary’s Cathedral in Sydney. This very large church is gothic in style and cavernous in scope. It is also quite difficult to fill with the Spirit and enthusiasm that I appreciate at our own celebrations. We spent the day walking around the uptown district after a wonderful breakfast at an out door Italian Restaurant. All in all it was a great day which ended with a swim in the salt water pool that is part of The Centre where I am staying in the eastern suburb of Randwick.

No comments: