Saturday, March 31, 2007

Sydney goes dark!

Earlier tonight Sydney's "Earth Day 60" took place. This event was an attempt by the City of Sydney to make a statement about global warming and to inspire Sydneysiders to join in the effort to reduce its green house gas emissions by 5% in the next 12 months. Several of us at The Centre were enjoying dinner together. I stepped out between the salad course and the Chicken Parmigiana (made by me!) to take a picture of the skyline from my 2nd floor bedroom window. The picture to the left shows the famous Sydney Harbour Bridge in darkness as well as most of the tall buildings in the CBD and many of the other land mark sights. Note: you can't see the Sydney Opera House. This photo was sent to me by Mike Bausch who got it off MSNBC. My shots follow.


Twilight view followed by the Earth Day 60 view.





We thought we could do our part by eating by candle light.

No comments: