Thursday, January 25, 2007

Arrival in Los Angeles


1/23/07 I arrived in Los Angeles on time and after a few futile attempts to get a seat assignment, got the “I’m on my way to pick you up call” from Doug DeBeech, my niece Beth’s husband. After a tour of their really neat Brentwood Apartment, Beth and Doug took me to one of their neighborhood restaurants. As you can see from the photo, they are expecting a baby in a few months and I will be stopping by their home on my trip back and then there will be three of them to visit!
They got me back to LAX for the 10:30pm flight to Sydney. The flight was as full as I have ever seen. Repeated appeals for “volunteers” discouraged the many stand bys as they realized that the flight was overbooked. I had finally got my seat assignment after waiting in line for over an hour. It turned to be an aisle seat about half way back in the plane. I was pleased that United’s new cabin configuration provided for more leg room than I was expecting! We left an hour late but arrived just a few minutes behind schedule. Of courses, we had crossed the International Date Line so it was Thursday, even though we departed on Tuesday. Wednesday, January 24, 2007 is lost forever for me!

No comments: