Sunday, January 14, 2007

Hope for the warm sun tomorrow!

1/14/07 The sun was out all day today, but the temperature remains in the low fifties. Off to the city of Puerto Penasco to check out the sights and go to Mass. The noon celebration lasted until 1:15 and included a very spirited homily that included a few words that I could understand. I’m sure that the folks around me got more out of it than I did. I was impressed with the devotion of the community and the number of families who were there. The people in the streets are friendly and welcoming. Tonight we had dinner at a restaurant overlooking the port (“Puerto”). My selection was a fantastic shrimp dish. The waiter told us that it was locally caught shrimp – who knows, but it was good.

The highlight of the day was a trip to the local super market. It was far away from where the tourists go and was literally filled with locals doing their weekly shopping. There were lines up and down the aisles with people waiting to be checked out. It took over an hour to buy bread milk and cheese. Believe me, Wegman’s never looked so good.

I am hoping it will be warm enough for the beach tomorrow, even if it a fully clothed and jacketed sun bathe!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you arrived safe and sound. We are having a "mini-ice storm". If it wasn't MLK day, schools would be closed. Please send some sun our way! :o)
~Heather

mjb48 said...

Glad you got to Mexico OK. John G and I had breakfast with your brother today and he said yes to both of our requests. The boys just met at #9, light agenda, everyone getting ready for vacation. Our fearless leader wasn't there, she was baby setting - "hard to imagine!!!" Sunny and 72 in Pittsford as always!
MJB48

Unknown said...

Fr. Ed,

Hope all is well wherever you are! I guess we don't realize how valuable Wegmans is till we can't have it!

Regards,
John Mattia

Unknown said...

Hope all is well & the weather should get a lot warmer where you're going. Take care & enjoy