Thursday, January 25, 2007

Safe Arrival in Sydney




1/25/07 My bags were among the last to arrive off the plane and when I had passed through the necessary Customs procedures, Sr. Judee, the Director of The Centre, was there, “Ed Palumbos” sign in hand ready to fetch me from the crowd of arriving people. There must have been over 300 people on that flight! I am typing these words in my new base location for the next few months. As you can see from the picture, I have a wonderful view of downtown Sydney. They refer to it as “CBD” – Center Business District. I unpacked and tried take a nap but getting into this time zone will take a while. Tomorrow is “Australia Day” and the Founder of the Centre, Bishop David Walker, is expected for a picnic. I look forward to meeting him, he moved from here when he was ordained the Bishop of Broken Bay, which is one of the three dioceses in the Archdiocese of Sydney.

5 comments:

ron said...

enjoy your comments each day. Living vicariously in Australia. Fun and looking forward to future comments.

Unknown said...

So glad you made it safe to Sydney. We are enjoying your travelogue so far...it's perfect because Josie is studying world geography in school and this is perfect for her!!

Look forward to hearing more. Get some sleep. Don't worry you didn't miss much on 1/24/07!!!

Unknown said...

While in Australia, be sure to order "Morton Bay Bugs" with a nice glass of Australian Reisling. You might also try the "Barramundi." I hope you will include at least the occassional description of the gastronomical delights you encounter on this journey.

mjb48 said...

I am glad you are a day ahead of us and that you got there safely. I spoke with the queen yesterday and she seems fine. It is 9:45 am Friday and I am waiting for Spence to go over details. It was -3 when I got up this morning, but very little snow on the hill.

julie said...

You'll probably get this message twice, as I've never "blogged" before! Look forward to catching up with you each Sunday evening. Glad you've arrived safe and sound.

Julie