Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Back to base in Sydney

We left Auckland on Monday. Marty and Maureen took a cab to the airport about 11am and I hung around until later in the afternoon since my plane didn't leave until 6:00pm. I spent the time checking out the rail system in Auckland. It is pretty impressive for a small city and improvements are being made to make the city even more tourist friendly.


I was back at The Centre and in my room by 9:30pm. When I woke up on Tuesday morning, I realized that this was the beginning of my last week as a resident of The Centre and the City of Sydney. The time has gone by very fast.

Next week I am off to see my newest "grand" Nathan and his parents, Beth and Doug, in Los Angeles and then begin the slow drive home across the Southwest. My plan is to stop and see some of the mega churches of the Southwest and Texas on the way to New Orleans, before heading northward to Fairport.

No comments: