Friday, May 11, 2007

Snuggling on the couch



Today while Daddy Doug went off to audition for a movie part (he’s an actor) and Mommy Beth got a much needed nap do to “Nocturnal Nathan’s ” sleeping patterns, I got to play with the newest member of our family for a few hours. After Beth fed him, the transfer was made and Nate nodded off in my arms and then settled in for a long sleep. I reclined on the couch with Nate on my chest as “The View” flashed at me from the TV across the room. I finally squiggled my way close enough to the TV remote to switch to the “I Love Lucy” reruns. We stretched out there together on the sofa until about 1pm when Doug returned from the Hollywood audition and Beth awoke from her nap. After Beth fed Nathan (again!), they got ready while I washed and changed Nathan so we could all go out.

Our destination was Family Theater Productions and Fr. Willy Raymond, the National Director. Fr. Willy has been very helpful in getting Doug connected out here in Movieland. I met him a few years back when he visited longtime friends in Fairport. He invited me to stop by anytime to see the operation.

Today I took him up on it!

You may remember Fr. Peyton of radio fame. Many years ago he was a featured speaker on the Mutual Broadcasting System radio network. His famous saying “The family that prays together, stays together” is etched in my memory from years ago. Fr. Peyton was one of the early pioneers in using media and technology to Evangelize. His great success 50 years ago has evolved into the Family Theater Productions of the present. Fr. Willy Raymond, CSC, is his successor.
You can check out their great work by clicking on this link---> www.worldatprayer.org.

No comments: