Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Food, Glorious Food!

I begin this entry with the sign that I saw on the wall of one of the exhibits that Ray and I visited today.

It says it all!



We have been eating our way around New Orleans these last few days and it has been delicious! Everywhere you go there is some stand or restaurant out of which waft wonderful aromas of the haute cuisine for which the Big Easy is noted.
They only thing that keeps the bulging waste line in check (somewhat) is the amount of walking we are doing around the French Quarter!


From simple street vendors to major high end restaurateurs, food is a way of life here in the bayou! I shall be returning to Weight Watchers as soon as I return.

At this rate, they may levy a surcharge for excess baggage (me) on plane ride back home!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Fr. Ed,
I've been catching up on your travels. I hope you enjoyed Texas. Pat, Lynnette and I had a 10 day visit to Lynn's namesake in Brenham, TX in April. It's a beautiful state, and you are right, it is big.
We're down to the last 22 of pregnancy. I can't believe you're on your way back, and our time is almost here.
Hope this message finds you well.
See you soon.
Robin, Pat and Lynn Clark

Mary Ann & John said...

Hi Fr. Ed We have enjoyed following your travels. It has obviously been a great sabbatical for you, and we thank you for the blog site. Look forward to seeing you soon. Love and Peace: Mary Ann and John

brisum47 said...

I have enjoyed your blogs and look forward to your return.

Brian & Kitty Summers