Sunday, May 6, 2007

So Long Sydney!


Today is the last full day here in Sydney. I feel a little sad as I realize that the time has gone by so fast. As the old saying goes, it seems like just a few days ago that I arrived at 14 Frances St in Randwick. In fact it was 103 days ago! It's a bitter sweet departure as I say goodbye to the folks whom I have met here and whose lives have so enriched mine.

Marty and Maureen and I leave tomorrow in the morning on Tuesday to catch the 1:45pm flight to Los Angeles. Now here comes the good part: through the miracle of travel and technology, we will arrive at 10:07am on the same day - May 8! I guess I am finally getting back the day I lost (Wednesday, Jan. 24) while coming here!

We will visit newborn Nathan Douglas DeBeech in LAX before M & M fly back to Rochester and I begin the drive home via Albuquerque, Texas and New Orleans. I will try to keep this blog updated as I travel across the southwest. I have been taking many pictures of my travels, a very small portion of which are posted here. My desktop folder reports that I have 7.39GB of pictures to share when I get back - that's a lot!

Thanks for your faithful readership. I will be in "e-touch" via this blog when possible.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Safe travels Ed. Just seems like yesterday to me too!!! We have enjoyed living vicariously through your Australian adventures. Enjoy the rest of your time in the U.S.

Nancy & Josie

Anonymous said...

Happy traveling, Ed. Thanks for sharing your time in Australia - it was awesome! When in New Mexico, see Sante Fe - the mysterious staircase of the Sisters of Loretto. In Albuqerque, stop in and see Richard Rohr's Center and Old Town - he's close to there. We loved that area and have friends there. See ya when you come home. We've missed you! Marty & George

Anonymous said...

Travel safe, enjoy Albuqerque, if you have time visit the Native American Meusem - it is worth it, Ray will know about it. Don't know your route, but if you happen to travel south (instead of directly east)from Albuqerque you may want to take in the Carlsbad Caverns National Park (southest corner of NM as you head toward Texas) known for the wonderful caves and bats, it is delightful. Godspeed!
MJB of pittsford

Anonymous said...

Ed: Travel safe, it has been great traveling along with you in Australia, it sure is beautiful country - you sure got to see a lot. See you back in N.Y.
Carol & Don